2012 SEMA: Chevrolet COPO Camaro Convertible
Chevrolet has revealed an eye-catching Inferno Orange COPO Camaro Convertible at the 2012 SEMA Motor Show. Only 12 units of the COPO Camaro will have this Inferno Orange Metallic paint. The other cars from the model will come in Victory Red, Black, Summit White, Silver Ice Metallic and Ashen Grey Metallic paint.
"The COPO Camaro program has been a special program and there's not a better way to close out the 2012 racing season than with the final – and most unique – one of the production run," said Jim Campbell, GM U.S. vice president of Performance Vehicles and Motorsports.
"I am also happy to announce that due to strong customer demand we will produce another run of 69 COPO Camaros for 2013. More than 3,000 hand-raisers expressed interest in buying a COPO after we introduced the car at SEMA last year. We are excited to support these grassroots motorsports enthusiasts in their Stock Eliminator and Super Stock drag racing efforts," added Mr. Campbell.
Totally 69 COPO Camaros will be built and this is one of them. It also comes with a 327 engine and 4.0L supercharger. The power is 550HP (410 kW). This is also one of the two convertible vehicles, which will be built.
COPO Camaros by the numbers:
- 67 were coupes and two were convertibles
- 43 cars were equipped with the 427 naturally aspirated engine – including the original proof of concept show car that debuted at the 2011 SEMA Show
- 20 cars were equipped with the 327 / 4.0L-supercharged engine
- 6 cars were equipped with the 327 / 2.9L-supercharged engine
- 8 customers ordered the collector's package, which included all three engines number-matched to their car
- 32 cars were painted Summit White – including the original show car
- 20 cars were painted Black
- 12 cars were painted Victory Red
- 2 cars were painted Ashen Grey Metallic
- 2 cars were painted Silver Ice Metallic
- 1 car was painted Inferno Orange Metallic
- 12 cars were ordered without COPO graphics.